Are you worried about fixing anterior pelvic tilt? How to Fix Anterior Pelvic Tilt While Sitting? Many people get worried about this question at present. This question is a burning issue among the people who need to work sitting for long hours.
You can think about where the time is to take treatment and do exercises! You can leave all these worries and concentrate on your sitting posture. Proper sitting posture can save you from this problem.
In this context, we will provide you the best solution to this issue. So, leaving all the worries, let’s enter the main topic now.
What is Anterior Pelvic Tilt?
The anterior pelvic tilt is a physical disorder that can affect people who need to stay sitting for a longer time. If we say clearly, it means the rotation in the pelvis. As you know, the lower human body part is called the pelvis.
The pelvic region is connecting the abdomen and the thigh. Sometimes the front part of the pelvis, the near part of the hip joint, rotates in a forward direction. At the same time, the back part rises. If you want to get rid of this problem by the easiest way, you must know How to Fix Anterior Pelvic Tilt While Sitting.
Why Anterior Pelvic Tilt Causes?
There can be many reasons to have anterior pelvic tilt. However, the most common and the main reason is sitting for a long time. Let’s know the common causes of this problem.
- You can get a spinal disorder that leads to muscle imbalance. These changes may lead to anterior pelvic tilt.
- Imbalance in the muscles on the stomach is also a cause of the anterior pelvic tilt.
- Sitting with poor posture can affect the hip-bones. It will shorten your hip flexor and also lengthen your hip extensor.
- Imbalanced hip bones create the curvature of the lower spine and upper back.
- Inappropriate movement while exercising can create a lack of stretch or overstretch. It is harmful to your body which may lead to a tilting problem.
All the described issues are responsible for anterior pelvic tilt. If any of these scenarios will match, you should be more alert about yourself.
When Are You At Risk?
Now, you know the reasons for anterior pelvic tilt. However, it would help if you were cautious about the risk factor. But you should be aware of the risks so that you can take remedial action in advance.
You can be at risk of anterior pelvic tilt:
- If you need to sit on a chair for a prolonged period
- If you lack physical activity
- If you have poor body posture
- If any of your family members have this problem, you get it genetically.
If any of these four points match with you, you can be more attentive to your activities. It will lessen your risk of adopting this problem.
How do Know I have an Anterior Pelvic Tilt?
Generally, there are no symptoms to make you sure about the issue. You can do one thing only that is to be alert about your posture. You can notice the positioning of your:
- The pelvic and thigh muscle
- Condition of gluteus maximus muscle
- Stomach muscle
- Lower spinal posture
- Protruding stomach
You should always notice these things when you are sitting. If you feel that your posture is getting low, you can think of pelvic tilt.
How to Fix Anterior Pelvic Tilt While Sitting?
You can fix your anterior pelvic tilt while sitting. It is the easiest way to get rid of this problem. You just need to follow some simple steps.
Let’s know the steps to follow to fix anterior pelvic tilt while sitting:
- You must sit on the two protruding points called pointy bones. These bones are able to bear your body weight and provide complete support while sitting.
- You should always sit straight and stick to your position. Try to squeeze your butt hardly while sitting.
- At the same time, squeezing core and abdominal muscle is also important for adopting the correct posture.
- When you sit, squeezing your butt and the core abdominal muscle perfectly, you have to hold the position until you get up from the chair.
Holding your core and abdominal muscle tightly will reduce your lower spine pressure as you are sitting. This sitting posture is perfect for you to be fit. Your body will get proper support to stay comfortable and flexible.
Tips to Improve Sitting Posture
You should choose an
ergonomic chair; thus, it can provide you the necessary support to ensure your comfort.
*** You should choose a well-padded chair. If you sit on a hard-padded chair, it will create discomfort for you. As in the described sitting position, your whole body weight will be on your two pointy muscles.
Other Things to Prevent Anterior Pelvic Tilt
Besides, following proper sitting posture, you have to follow sleeping posture. Your sleeping posture has a lot of effects on your body. This is because it is related to the structure of your bones and muscles.
On the other hand, you may do regular exercise. In that case, you must be careful about your moves. Wrong body movement can harm your body bones and muscles. When proper exercise can treat anterior pelvic tilt.
Adopting Proper Sleeping Posture
People generally sit in three positions. In each state, you have to follow proper posture. Let’s know what they are:
- You may like sleeping on your back. In that case, you can put a pillow supporting your knees. It will neutralize the position of your pelvic tilt and correct your posture.
- You may like sleeping on your stomach. In that case, you have to put a pillow below your hip. It will straighten your body curve.
- You may be a side-sleeper. In that case, you don’t need to do anything extra to correct your posture. This position is ideal for positioning your anterior pelvic tilt neutral.
Proper Regular Exercise
- You can do squat exercise. It will help to strengthen your lower hip bones and abdominal muscles.
- You can practice exercising to kneel your rear leg raise. It will stretch your back and buttock muscle which lessens your pelvic tilt problem.
- Kneeling hip flexor stretching also stretches buttock muscle.
- You can exercise on the glute bridge. It is an essential exercise for this problem.
- To make your back and stomach muscles, you can do plank exercise.
You will wonder to hear that about 85% of men and 75% of women affected by anterior pelvic tilt don’t contain any symptoms. Thus, you may don’t know when you will get this problem.
You must need to know how to Fix Anterior Pelvic Tilt While Sitting is essential for you. So that you can be cautious always while sitting. It will lessen the risk of you being affected by this problem.
We have to try to provide you all the required information in this context. The more you know, the more you can save yourself.